Anonymous said: Have you noticed that Libertarians are all anti-Mike Brown? I wonder why
HOLD UP, are you trying to tell me that all this Libertarian rhetoric about freedom and government tyranny has always been some thinly veiled rhetoric about freedom for white people, and not everyone? Seriously, tho, I’d like to see even one of those “open carry” fucks on the front lines at Ferguson (not on the police side), standing up against government oppression.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 67% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 53 commisioned officers —3 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. This is Not the first time Ferguson’s police have been heavy handed with it’s Black residents - Innocent Black man beaten by cops, then charged with bleeding on police officer’s uniforms
9. So please - don’t get it twisted
Black kids are uncomfortable with being stalked and killed. I don’t give a fuck if you’re uncomfortable with people reblogging this shit just because you “come to tumblr for an escape”. This is reality for a lot of people. Grow the fuck up.
teen wolf fans: *talks about how hot tyler hoechlin is, writes smut about his character, writes smut about him and his co-workers even though it makes him uncomfortable*
meagan tandy: i was saying to alyssa here that i was totally nervous because tyler’s so attractive, but i did my thing!
teen wolf fans: She really needs to take a fucking step back, my god. All she does is talk about how hot he is. It’s really off putting. Like, there’s a difference between how fans on Tumblr talk about Hoechlin’s attractiveness, and then actually working with the guy and talking about how hot he is and how excited you were to make out with him? Seems really unprofessional.
I don’t know. I feel like if the roles were switched, and if Hoechlin just constantly talked about how hot Meagan is and how he was excited to make out with her, and that’s all he talked about, people would call him a creep. Yet, it’s okay for Meagan to do it with every chance she gets?
My point is, it is not MEAGAN herself, as a black woman, that makes this behavior wrong, but the POSITION she is in professionally that makes what she is doing verge on sexually harassing her coworker.
I understand that you want to defend her and build her up as a representative of black women in media, and really I honestly think she is a wonderful person and does great work with charity, and I am in no way trying to undermine her feminism. And although I’m aware that the fact that she is a female POC while Hoechlin is a white male complicates things, when it comes down to it, all those things do not excuse her. I certainly don’t want to demonize her for this. All I’m asking is that she check her behavior.
meanwhile the police fill the block with tear gas. who’s protecting and serving here
This is really important
i just wanted to put this out there since im sure it’ll get written about differently tomorrow.
Take note: Not only are the looters in the minority, but protesters are actually actively trying to stop the looters, and even guarding a store from being broken into. What does the media report though? Only about the angry looters and rioters causing more mayhem. If you are not yet convinced that our media is completely set on whitewashing and stigmatizing black communities then I don’t know what to tell you. Every morning the last week I’ve put on the news, and all I’ve heard about is the looters and rioters. Yesterday they purposefully had a black man providing report after report of black criminals, at least 3 in a row. Know that this is pure and utter sensationalism, its purpose is to distract you from the real issues at hand.
#FERGUSON protestor returns tear gas canister back to sender…
This is Amerikkka 2014
Page 1 of 85